Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Home again

You know, it really is good to be home.

I had a fabulous vacation. I reconnected with my hubby, enjoyed my kids and my in-laws, and partied with a couple of friends I don't see as often as I want to. Then I got to hang out with my grandparents and a bunch of other East Coast relatives, and they had a nice little birthday party for me.

I ate dessert with lunch and dinner every day, and eggs and sausages and French toast and whatever else I wanted for breakfast. (I rebelled so much against dieting that I even drank juice! I never drink juice anymore.) And I didn't gain a single ounce, thanks to my diligence at keeping up a good workout schedule and the active life that vacation allowed me to lead. No sitting in front of a computer all day!

But I do miss my friends, and I even came back looking forward to the challenges I have at work. All day at work - even when annoying things happened, as they inevitably do - I just felt more relaxed and focused and happier to deal with whatever.

So it's good to be back. And very soon, it will be time to buckle down and focus on the next big thing: Ironman Canada.

But before that, some vacation photos!

Here's my adorable Camille with cornrows. She chose this for herself, sat completely still for 30 minutes or so, and absolutely loves it. I do too - low maintenance for Mommy!


And here's Gabriel. I think he's supposed to be a tiger?



I didn't find a single one of me or John on my camera that I liked. If I find any on his, I'll post more.
--
Okay, I found one. This is an official photo from the cruise that I don't care to admit how much I paid for, but it's cute. From left to right, it's my friend Joanne, my daughter, and me.


And here's another. You can see the ship in the background.


And one more, that's so darn cute (and so typical of both of them):

4 comments:

Kate said...

Soo cute. Great pics- you look so relaxed and happy, and fabulous too!
I know what you mean about juice- to me it feels far more indulgent than chocolate and candy!

Wes said...

Great photos! Great fun, and much, much too warm!!!

:) said...

Looks like everyone had a great time! Glad you are back into the groove and ready to start the serious stuff for IM Canada...WOOT!

Great pictures.

Andy said...

Love the vacation pictures. "recharging the batteries" is always a good thing to do in life. When you come back to the real world, everything seems a bit less important and you feel more relaxed. At least that is the way I feel.

Murtha...