Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Wednesday night success!

So every Wednesday night, I host a Bible study in my house.

And every Wednesday night, people bring snacks over - usually delicious cookies, cakes, or something else that is not part of my diet plan.

In front of others, I can eat a small piece and be good with that. Sometimes I can even afford the extra calories.

But often what happens is that the people who bring the goodies leave them when they go - and that's when the binge begins.

So nearly every Wednesday, I sabotage myself. Then on Thursday I often make myself pay for the bad eating by working out extra, then I'm hungrier, then I give up and ruin Thursday, Friday, and the weekend.

Today, I didn't do that. I didn't even taste the cinnamon-chocolate chip cake that came into my house; instead I sipped on a green tea. I told the kind person who brought the cake that I couldn't have any, and I'd appreciate it if he took any leftovers home with him. He understood and agreed.

So I had a perfect eating day: 1230 calories consumed, 800 burned in exercise (indoor cycling plus strength training), and I'm going to bed happy!

5 comments:

Wes said...

Sounds like your bible study group would be most understanding of what you are trying to accomplish. Nice job!!

teacherwoman said...

Sounds like a success! Way to go!

Jessica said...

Well, they look at me and don't understand: I'm thinner and more fit than, well, all of them. But they accept that I'm not satisfied with myself and they don't try to tell me I'm wrong and I should eat the cake. :-)

TJ said...

wow. 1230 calories isn't much for an endurance athlete.
everyone is different though and each of us have our own nutritional needs.
congrats on your success.

Jessica said...

Well, I'm in a prep period, and I'm focusing on trying to get as close as possible to 130 lbs before I step up the training and have to eat more to function. During the season, I'll likely be around 2000 per day, depending on what I do - my goal then will be to "break even" every day or be very very slightly under, unless I actually get to 130 lbs, in which case I'll eat to train and remain at 130.