Sunday, January 07, 2007

I'm in Florida - but not for long!

So have I mentioned my vacation begins now (yeah, when everyone else is going back to work - suckers!) and I'm going on a cruise in the Caribbean?

I think I did in my New Year's resolution post. Anyway, I'm at my grandparents' house in Fort Lauderdale, and today we get on the ship. YAY!

So a quick post to write down some goals for the trip, because people who write down goals are 40% more likely to meet those goals than people who don't.

1) Eat reasonably. This is going to mean enjoy foods I might not usually let myself have, but not to excess! No tummyaches from eating!

2) Exercise daily. This is usually easy for me, even on a cruise, but that's because I usually run laps on the ship. This time, I'm not running, so I'll have to find something else to do.

3) Sleep lots.

4) Post as often as I can. I'm not going to officially meal-track every day, but I do plan on 100% tracking for one full day towards the beginning (like tomorrow) just to get a feel and be able to write about what it's like to diet on a cruise.

5) Above all, I will not come home weighing more than I did when I left. The max acceptable weight will be 142 two days after I return home from the cruise (so I have time to deal with any water/bathroom issues that might arise from long travel days).

It's 9:46 a.m. in Florida and I'm still in my pajamas. Gotta love it. After all, as a triathlete, sleeping in means until 6 a.m.!

Happy happy happy week!

2 comments:

Kate said...

Have a fabulous time! I'm looking forward to hearing about the cruise and how the diet goes!

jessica weiser said...

have fun! i wish i could get back down to 142 *sigh*!