Thursday, April 13, 2006

Did I really wake up and do this?

Last night, we didn't even get home until 10:25 - and though I did go right to bed, I was sure I wouldn't be able to get up. Then when my alarm went off, John wanted to cuddle, which felt wonderful, but after about two minutes I extricated myself to go get ready. But I didn't really want to. It took me longer than usual to dress, brush my teeth, get in the car, etc.

The first part of my run, outside with Nancy and our new running buddy Alex, was fun, though I was certain that I wouldn't be able to do my 5K and certainly not faster than before. So I sort of procrastinated in changing clothing and getting on the treadmill...but eventually I did. I started out at 7.3, then I pushed it to 7.4 after the first 2K (after the first hill on the profile), then 7.5 after the second hill. And I did it! 25:04, not bad!

Still have to beat my all-time best of 24:40, but I think I can do that. Maybe next week. Here are my times so far this training season:

Mar. 9 - 26:34
Mar. 16 - 25:48
Mar. 23 - 25:17
Apr. 13 - 25:04

Wow, just realized I'm 90 seconds faster than the first time I did it. That's fairly significant for a short distance - about 30 seconds per mile!

So then I was able to lift weights and not tweak any muscles in a weird way. In fact, oddly, I feel looser and better than usual.


Today's data:

Food:
Pre-workout: 1/2 Lara bar, coffee with milk, 115 cals
Workout fuel: 1 GU, 100 cals
Breakfast: Bagel, ham, cheese, coffee with milk, pear: 500 cals
Lunch: Low-fat vegetarian minestrone soup, 120 cals
The rest of lunch: Yogurt and granola, 290 cals
Um, beer during a meeting: 150 cals
total so far: 1275 calories
And beer ruins a day. Dinner was reasonable - chicken breast, green beans, rice, but then I had two cookies totalling 350 cals. I'm not adding everything up for the day, can't deal with my fat self right now. Tomorrow will be better. I hope.

Exercise:
Run outside, 65 minutes
5K fun run, 25 minutes
Lift weights, 45 minutes
Calories burned: 1100

No comments: