Monday, April 10, 2006

If you ever want to lose the rest of it...

Ha! I told everyone I was fat, and yesterday I got proof of it.

John was working on some guy's car, and I walked by, said hello, then left. After I left, the guy apparently told John his wife was attractive and he was a lucky man. So John told him the story of my weight-loss. When I returned later on, the guy was still there. He comes over to me and says, "Can I ask you a personal question?" Wanting to be polite, I said sure. He asked me how many sizes I lost, and I said I went from an 18 to a 6. He said that was amazing, congratulations, blah blah blah. But then: "If you ever want to lose the rest of it..."

!!!

He proceeded to tell me about some spa in California where you get daily colonics and eat only raw food - "it really cleans you out" - but I was only half-listening because I had to run upstairs to my bathroom to puke. Okay, not really. But I did have to run to the bathroom to look in the mirror and see what I looked like - did I look particularly fat? I was dressed a little weirdly for me - jeans with a long-sleeve technical shirt I usually only wear for running outside in cold weather (but I had planned to bike with Gabriel, so I was half-dressed for it). Anyway, I didn't look particularly big, I thought, but boy did my flaws just pop out of the mirror yesterday. More so than usual.

Anyway, it made me rededicate myself to a hard workout today. I did a 40 minute swim, 60 on the bike, then 30 on the treadmill. Yay.

Today's data:
Food:
Pre-workout: Banana and milk in coffee, 110 cals
Workout fuel: 1 GU, 100 cals
Breakfast: English muffin, ham, cheese, milk in coffee: 265 cals (prob should eat more)
Snack: Yogurt, 110 cals
Lunch: 8 oz chicken noodle soup (100), small salad with chicken (200), 1/2 piece bread (50), "fruit snack" thing (45), 395 cals
Snack: Clif "Nectar" bar: 170 cals
Another snack: Turkey and cheese: 120 cals
total so far: 1270 calories
I'm not confessing to the rest. Suffice to say I did my usual - I ate a healthy dinner, but munched on anything in sight. :-(

Exercise:
Swim 40 minutes
Indoor cycling 1 hour
Run 30 minutes
Calories burned: 1000

1 comment:

Melissa said...

The REST of it? There is nothing to you! It sounds like you handled it pretty well, I am sure I would have been through the roof:)