Monday, September 25, 2006

Back to the diet

Well, that little break from meal-tracking was all kinds of exciting, but I tried on two pairs of my jeans last night (yeah, fresh from the dryer, but still) and they felt tight. So it's time to really fix it. (You can tell it's Monday by my excellent resolve. Ha.)

Today Nancy asked if we could move our regular Tuesday run to Monday so she could come; she's out of town for the next couple of weeks. However, her hip was bothering her, so we opted to walk 4.4 miles instead. It was fine with me; I should be in recovery mode anyway, not full-on exercise anyway.

So we walked for about 68 minutes, then I hopped on the Stairmaster for a boring 30 minutes of more cardio...then did some strength training for another 30 minutes. It was a little weird - I couldn't get my heart rate up. It was as if my body was saying, "Hey! I may not hurt anymore from the weekend, but I'm not ready for anthing intense! No!"

That's pretty much it. The plan for this week is to be low-key going into Saturday's marathon.

Here are today's data:

Food:
Pre-workout: Pria bar and milk in coffee, 140 cals
Breakfast: English muffin, ham, cheese, fruit, cottage cheese, 445 cals
Lunch: Cafeteria Indian food, 600 cals
Chocolate: 1 piece, 55 cals
total so far: 1240 cals
Dinner: Salad from Baja Fresh, 700 cals
Ugh: trail mix! John SHOULD NOT buy this stuff, because I can't keep myself away from it!
Total: 1940 of reasonable food....don't want to admit how many hundreds of calories I surely consumed in trail mix.

Exercise:
Walk 68 minutes
Stairmaster 30 minutes
Strength train 30 minutes
600 calories burned

2 comments:

Wes said...

I, for one, am most delighted that you are taking a whole month off between marathons, LOL. You are going to kill yourself!

:) said...

Um...you just raced in a half ironman this weekend and you are running a marathon next weekend?????

Sheesh. I think Wes might be right!