Friday, September 15, 2006

I am in love

It was love at first sight - and it was fate.

After all, I was a bit tired from my run with Aleks this morning. I could have just taken a shower and gone to work early.

So why did I wander into the gym with an empty water bottle? Why did I stop to fill my water bottle at the water fountain under the magazine rack, despite someone using the water fountain ahead of me, and there were other water fountains around that were available?

Why, during the morning rush when there usually aren't any good magazines left, was there the October issue of Triathlete right there to catch my eye?

And why did I decide to hit the Stairmaster that day, with that copy of Triathlete in my hands, and why did I decide not to read the table of contents and instead just flip pages?

This is why:


This is my bicycle. It was meant for me.

Yes, it's pink and black - but that's not the only reason!
It's a tri bike - and not just any tri bike, but a women-specific design tri bike.
It's full carbon.
It's full Ultegra with Dura-Ace bar-end shifters.
And its cost - for the full bike - is under $4,000.

Did I mention today is Christmas at Microsoft? It's the day we get our bonuses. I've known what mine would be for a week now, but today is the day money shows up in my checking account.

This is fate.

There's just one catch - there always is, isn't there?

The bike isn't yet available in the U.S.

But my favorite bike shop - Sammamish Valley Cycle - is a Scott dealer. I called Cindy, who works there - she's been helping me find a tri bike - but she doesn't work until Sunday. So I'll have to wait to talk to her to find out when they can order one in my size.

If it is as good a ride as I expect to be, I'll be riding Canada in gorgeous pink and black style next year.

Here are today's data:

Food:
Pre-workout: Banana and milk in coffee, 90 cals
Breakfast: Bagel with egg, cheese, and ham: 475 cals
Confession: Part of a blueberry muffin: 150 cals (it wasn't a lot...but it was yummy)
Lunch: Cafeteria Indian food (chicken), no rice, naan, samosa: 600 cals
total so far: 1315, better slow down!

Exercise:
Run 1 hour
Stairmaster 30 minutes
Calories burned: 800

Weight this morning: 141.8 (down .6 lb from yesterday and the day before)
Pounds from goal weight: 6.8 (goal: 135)

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Good work on the 0.6 pounds! You are a workout-aholic. If I could only be that good.

Aleks said...

I love the bike... it really was meant to be. I wish my bonus was going to a new bike!

Regan said...

You go girl! That's an awesome bike and you deserve it! Crossing all fingers SVC can order it for you!!

Wes said...

That's one sweet bike. It's best not to fight fate, LOL!