Thursday, September 14, 2006

Summer is over

I know summer is over because we've had rain two days in a row, and it's gray and cold.

I was not psyched about running this morning when the rain on my skylight woke me at 3:30 a.m. But I was able to get out of bed on time (4:25!) and get moving anyway. Nancy and Latosha were already in the locker room when I got there, and after a quick debate on whether it was raining hard enough to stay indoors, we decided to head out. It was only misting/drizzling, but it was the first day in a while where I needed my jacket (in addition to a long-sleeve shirt and capri-length pants).

We didn't plan a route, figuring we'd see how we felt and what the rain did. It stopped about 10 minutes into our run, so we meandered along the bike trail and then linked up with a regular route that we like to run. At about 50 minutes in, headed back towards the club, we decided to go the longer way around the block. Of course the rain started hard just then, so we pretty much got poured on for 10 minutes at the end. Surprisingly, I felt kind of whiny about it! Nancy and Latosha were perfectly fine.

Then I lifted weights and was happy with what I saw in the mirror - nice definition in my arms and legs. I need to do more pushups to tone my upper arms more, but I was able to do 15 real ones! I did them sort of fast, though, so I'm going to work on getting them done slow, like Danielle does in yoga.

My weight this morning was exactly the same as yesterday: 142.4. Here are the rest of my numbers:

Food:
Pre-workout: Banana and milk in coffee, 90 cals
Breakfast: English muffin, cheese, ham, two hard-boiled eggs, 385 cals
Lunch: Turkey breast, broccoli, baked potato (no butter, sour cream, etc): 340 cals
Snack: Yogurt and granola (1/2 packet - threw away second half so I wouldn't be tempted): 250 cals
Dinner: McDonalds Asian Chicken Salad, 1/2 dressing packet: 335 cals
Dessert: A cookie my kids baked, 200 cals (seems high, but that's what the package said), and a mini-brownie, 100 cals
Total for the day: 1700

Exercise:
Run 1 hour 10 min
Strength training 45 minutes
750 calories burned

Calorie deficit: 650!
Weight beginning of day: 142.4, same as yesterday

1 comment:

Angel Feathers Tickle Me said...

Love to all.....