Monday, September 18, 2006

Wake me up when September ends

I forgot how much it rains, and how demotivating it is to get out of bed when it's raining.

But I learned something new today about Matthew: If he says he's going to ride, it doesn't matter what the weather does - he's going to ride. He actually seemed disappointed that I wanted to change the planned route to avoid slick, busy roads.

We met at 6:30; it was still dark. Today was the last day I will attempt to start a ride before 7 a.m., at least without some serious lights. We just decided to ride about 9 miles out on the trail, then turn around and come back.

The first half hour the rain stopped, but the second made up for it by a lot. It POURED. And it was so slippery I couldn't ride in my aerobars on the flat ground; I just felt so unstable.

Anyway, not much to say other than it's time to break out the serious winter riding gear. My gloves were okay, but my booties are completely ripped up, and I need to remember my fenders next ride.

Oh, and I can't meal-track for yesterday; too random, too off-plan. Today, as I say every Monday, will be better. Plus, my weight was over-the-top impossibly high. I think that speaks to water retention in a BIG way - there's no way in the world I weigh what the scale reported this morning.

Here are today's data:

Food:
Pre-workout: 1 Vitatop and milk in coffee, 130 cals
Breakfast: English muffin, ham, cheese, two hard-boiled eggs, milk in coffee: 415 cals
Lunch: Turkey sandwich, 500 cals
Snack: String cheese, 80 cals
Dinner: Chipotle chicken salad from Baja Fresh, 1/2 dressing, 650 cals
TOTAL: 1775 calories

Exercise:
Ride 1 hour, 450 cals burned

2 comments:

:) said...

Ewwww...I hate riding in the slop.

Cold weather gear? It was 65 this moring with a high around 80 degrees!!! (in texas, of course)

Wes said...

I'm gonna need to get me some wet weather gear soon, as I intend to run rain or shine, oh, and get my bike FIXED :-( Kudos to you (North) West Coast gals that get it on despite the rain, sleet, and snow :-)

Wes