Tuesday, September 05, 2006

First day of school

I didn't do the morning workout thing so I could see the kids off to school. First grade for my son, preschool for my daughter. Both of them pretty much ran into their classrooms, saw their friends, and ignored me. My son did let me kiss him (on the cheek) goodbye though. My daughter didn't pay me any attention once she found her best friend Christopher. Yay. Another year of, "What did you do at school today, Camille?" and her answer, invariably one of the following:

"Played with Christopher."
"Christopher went upside down and made me laugh."
"Christopher is so funny."
"Christopher does somersaults."

And while I'm completely off-topic, how about this. Camille handed me a Barbie on Saturday and asked me to play with her. She had a Snow White Barbie; mine was a teacher. So here is our conversation (I wrote it down right afterwards so I wouldn't forget it).

Snow White: Hi, my name is Snow White.
Teacher: Hi, I'm teacher.
SW: Hello!
T: Do you know your ABCs?
SW: Yes. (sings) A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P
T: What about the rest? Q R S...
SW: Q R S T U V W X Y Z now I know my ABCs, next time won't you sing with me!
T: Very good! Do you know your numbers? Like, 1, 2, up to 10?
SW: Yes. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10.
T: You forgot some...6, 7...
SW: 6, 7, 8, 9, 10.
T: Great! Are you going to go to school next year?
SW: No. I have to wait for my prince.
T: Oh, Snow White! Not every girl gets a prince! Every girl needs to get an education so she can be smart and independent and take care of herself. We can't count on someone else doing that for us!
SW: Do you like my shoes?

At this point, my in-laws burst out laughing and I just rolled my eyes. Clearly I should not play Barbies.

Here are today's data:

Food:
Breakfast: English muffin, turkey, cheese, milk in coffee: 320 cals
Mid-morning snack: Cottage cheese and nectarine: 150 cals
Lunch: Sandwich (roast beef, swiss, veggies on whole wheat): 600 cals
Snack: Jamba juice, 170 cals
Dinner: Chicken and veggie stir-fry, 1/2 roll, watermelon, 1 Dove ice cream bar (60 cals): 600 cals
Total for today: 1840 cals - pretty perfect! No binging on bad things! Yay!

Exercise:
Circuit training class (running intervals and strength training); 1 hour; 450 cals burned

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Camille is so lucky to have you for a mommy! :)

Wes said...

That is so cool. Brought back a memory of my oldest son who had a dance in K-4. He was dancing with a black haired beauty and he looked constipated, LOL...

Lance Notstrong said...

Come how it always goes back to the shoes :-)