Sunday, September 24, 2006

No such thing as coincidence?

The numbers are in, and guess where I placed in my age group?

Yeah, that's right. 13.

This is the fifth time I have ranked 13 in a race. (The other times were Cascade's Edge age group, Lake Stevens age group, Danskin age group, Lake Sammamish overall women.)

It really really is my number. And I'm happy with it, given the field - I had told people I'd be the top of the bottom third, and I was (13/19). (Overall, I was 125/187. That includes men.)

Here are the rest of my times:
OVERALL: 6:37:27
Swim: 43:02
T1: 3:45 (don't know how this is, thought I was much slower)
Bike: 3:34:46
T2: 2:08
Run: 2:13:45 (includes my potty stop!)

The only thing I have to say about these numbers is that I wish the potty was in the transition area, not outside it, so my potty time would be included in my T2 time. I want to know for sure that I ran a 10-minute mile after the bike. But realistically, I have to say that the potty took at least three minutes, so I should just get over it.

And my exercise twin, Danielle? Her bike was 3:31 and her run 2:10 - so as always, we're there together! (At this point, her swim is a lot slower, so her overall time was 6:44.)

No comments: