Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Shiatsu magic

I had an awesome workout planned for this morning.

Two mile tempo run (as fast as I can sustain for two miles, without dropping the speed), then indoor cycling, then repeat the two mile run but FASTER!

Unfortunately, towards the end of my run I started feeling some weirdness in my right hamstring. I felt it yesterday on my run, and it actually caused me to walk the last few minutes yesterday. When I stopped and got off the treadmill, I was limping.

It hurt through indoor cycling, so I decided to skip the second run and see if I could get a shiatsu appointment. I was lucky - one was available!

So I went at 1:30 p.m. and now I feel a lot better. Looser, warmer, stronger. I still feel slight pain in the hamstring, and I think she bruised my calf because I have a new pain there, but overall I feel good - and I made a follow-up appointment for Friday morning so I can do it all again and make sure I'm really ready to race this weekend.

Oh, and the tempo run - 2 miles in 15:30 - 7:45/m pace. That's pretty good for me!

One of the things I want to do after the triathlon is start charting my best times for the following distances:

1 mile (unknown)
2 miles (15:30 - 7:45/m)
5K (24:40 - 7:56/m)
10K (unknown)
1/2 marathon (1:57:30 - 8:58/m)
full marathon (4:17 - 9:48/m)

Okay, so I just tried this calculator, and my times really do fall in line with their predictions! So: it says I can do a 7:20 mile, and a 51:43 10K. So I'll have to shoot for those. I feel like I could run a sub-7 minute mile. We'll see.

Okay, so that's a lot of numbers. Here are some more:

Food:
Pre-workout: 110 cal Pria bar, milk in coffee: 140 cals
Breakfast: Banana bread, ham, cheese, milk in coffee: 445 cals
Lunch: 20/20 Chicken sausage pizza, 530 cals
Snack: Yogurt and granola, 200 cals
total so far: 1325 (and I'm still hungry!)

Exercise:
Run 30 minutes (tempo + warmup and cooldown)
Indoor cycling 1 hour
750 calories burned

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, your hair looks SO CUTE!

Oh wait. There are still no pics of it... :)

Wes said...

La, la, la, la. She's holding out on us, and I don't think she is gonna give. You are a freakin speed demon! Can't wait to see if I can get a sub-8 minute mile in someday! Take care of those muscles...