Wednesday, May 09, 2007

I knew it

Woke up incredibly sore this morning. I decided to swim and do yoga.

It took me about 300 yards to warm up and feel like I could actually swim. My chest and shoulders are sore, though, and I could feel them the entire set (2000 yards).

Hot yoga was extra-hard today, too. I could barely do the low push-up that we do about a zillion times, and I got dizzy a handful of times. I followed the class for about 45 minutes, then for the last 15 took a lot of breaks to allow myself to recover.

I guess hitting it so hard Monday and Tuesday after being off for a week - and drinking, and not sleeping, and not eating properly - is probably not the right way to train.

I did skip my intense bike ride. I knew there was no way I could keep up with the group today. And I feel incredibly guilty, too! I know I will make up the hours this week, but when I plan to work out and don't, I really give myself a hard time. I need to cut that out.

1 comment:

Wes said...

I luv to swim when I am sore. It makes my sore muscles feel SOOOO good! You should ease back into your incredible schedule :-) Won't be long, if I know anything about ya! LOL.