Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Training? What training?

So, after Saturday's long swim, my desire to finish the week with a longish bike fizzled and I just didn't.

Monday I did a 30-minute open water swim with Su, which was only notable for my complete and total laziness. I just didn't feel like swimming. Not exactly quality training.

Yesterday I did manage to get motivated to run late in the day - it was very warm here, and since I'll definitely be running my Ironman marathon late in the day, I figure I need to train when it's hot (unlike last year, when I did all my running at 5 or 6 a.m.). It was actually quite pleasant to feel all that warmth surround me. I think I'm going to try to run more frequently after work - maybe I can take Gabriel (my seven-year-old) out on his bicycle and I can run. Knowing how he rides, though, that'll be a speed workout!

Today I did my intense bike ride with the Cascade group. We did a new route; I led on half of it, but there were only five of us total and three of the guys wanted to POUND. Like, we advertise the ride as "strenuous," meaning 18-21 on the flats - but we were doing 23-24 mph instead. So it was some work for sure, and they lost me on the hills, but I pushed hard throughout the ride and they never got too far away. I haven't ridden since last Thursday, but I felt strong.

But in general, it's a rest week, and I'm feeling a lot like resting. And fortunately, I haven't felt a lot like eating! Yay!

2 comments:

wendy said...

Ha - good for you!

I binged the entire weekend and am paying for it bigtime now!

Good job on the ride, strenuous indeed!

LoneStarCrank said...

Nothing like a little terstosterone to speed up a ride. Way to crank it out.... now rest, relax and enjoy!