Friday, May 11, 2007

Morning commute

This morning was pretty much as perfect as a morning where I need to go to work can get.

No alarm; woke up naturally just before 6 a.m. I helped John get the kids off to school, then we biked in to work together!

It was a gorgeous morning, clear and cool, and we had just enough uphill riding to stay warm - and enough downhill to be super-fun. Although, I only hit 41.4 mph on the biggest descent, because John was in front of me and I was getting too close. Usually he bombs all the downhills, so I had him go in front. I had to yell at him, "Go! Go!"

When we were at the top of the other side (it's a valley, and you get so much speed going down that you're still coasting above 20 mph when you reach the second peak), he said, "I thought we weren't pounding this commute?" and I had to explain that we wouldn't pound the uphills, but we ALWAYS pound the descents in good weather! It's our reward!

I wish I could ride home, but I need to get my truck home somehow and pick up two kids. Somehow I don't think the tri bike is going to cut it.

Oh! Other news! I got new pedals - Speedplay Zeros. In pink, of course!

No comments: