Friday, May 04, 2007

I'm a weenie

I had an opportunity to wakeboard yesterday, and I couldn't do it.

It was kind of cold outside. I have only tried it twice before and was pretty bad at it. And this wasn't even behind a boat - it was attached to a cable that goes around a small man-made lake. Oh, and I would have had to wear a swimsuit and wetsuit in front of my co-workers.

I figured either way, I was getting teased - either for sucking or for being a weenie and not doing it. I chose to be teased for what I didn't do rather than what I did.

It was actually fun to watch the guys who did wakeboard go - and there were a couple of really good locals that were exciting to watch, too.

Other than that, it was a fairly easygoing day. We thought about going out to a club, but ended up staying in the hotel at night and chilling out. I got a little more sleep than I had the rest of the week.

This has been a fun week, but at this point, I'm looking forward to getting back to normal. Regular sleep and exercise sounds good. And I really miss my bike!

2 comments:

Wes said...

Tee, hee. That's funny. When you cross the finish line at IMC, I'm going to start calling you Ironweenie :-)

Steven said...

Wake boarding is a lot of fun. We've hoseboat vacationed several times on Lake Roosevelt in central WA and it was all wakeboarding all the time.