Friday, May 25, 2007

Nearly done...

...with my high-volume week, and I'm feeling pretty good!

In fact: This looks like my highest-volume week for the rest of my training. The schedule says 16 hours; I'll actually be around 19 when I complete all that I have planned for the weekend.

Then most weeks for the rest of my training will be 14 hours, not including yoga.

Today I swam in the lake. It was slightly warmer than last week, and by halfway through the first lap (maybe 1/6 of a mile) I felt warm enough to stay in the water forever. So that was nice.

I ran at lunchtime, and it's the warmest day we've had I think so far this Spring (of course it's only 65 degrees or so). It reminded me how I need to do more running later in the day, when it's hot. There will be no whining from me about heat on Ironman Canada, because I will have trained in heat and I will be ready for it.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Congrats on getting through the big week- you never cease to amaze :-)