Thursday, May 18, 2006

45 miles to go 15

Today I planned a new route to work. But it was an amazing, gorgeous morning - warm, the sun was coming up, and it was just so beautiful - that when we got to I-90 (which we were supposed to ride right past), I asked Danielle if she wanted to go the very long way to work - across I-90 into Seattle, then north around Lake Washington to get back to Redmond. Of course she was game, so we ended up going 45 miles in order to go 15. It was wonderful, though, because it was mostly on paved bike trails, so I got practice in the aerobars and got jazzed from seeing all of the cyclists and runners out in the morning.

The high feeling from biking long this morning stuck with me all day. Gotta love it.

Here are today's data:

Food:
Pre-workout: 1/2 bagel with low-fat cream cheese, 155 cals
During workout: Starbucks stop! Milk in coffee, reduced-fat banana chocolate chip coffee cake: 370 cals
Post-workout: Milk in coffee, ham and cheese: 145 cals
Lunch: Salad with turkey, 300 cals
Snack: Mojo bar and 2 Hershey's Special Dark (the little ones), 280 cals
total so far: 1250 calories
Dinner: hot dog and bun, chips, cookie (kid food at kid's school)
Snack late because I was still hungry: Fruit and three crackers with peanut butter

Exercise:
Bike 3 hours, 45 miles
Burned 1300 calories

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I don't. Like you, I guessed that it was similar to the others, though. I did try to look it up, but I guess it's too new. :-(