Tuesday, May 16, 2006

I love my bike

I love it love it love it love it. Want to see it? Here she is: http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCBkModel.jsp?minisite=10080&spid=13732

I also love warm weather. Danielle and I left at 5 a.m., before sunrise, and it was totally warm. Which was good, because my mini-van was at work in Redmond, with the pink jacket I like to wear biking, my booties, and my warm gloves locked safely inside. It's amazing - no matter how much I plan, there's always something I forget. But it was warm enough for my light gloves, no booties, and no jacket. I wore long underwear under mountain bike shorts and a long-sleeve jersey. When we got about half way, there's a park with a good bathroom, so I took the long underwear off and stored them in my backpack. (I also forgot deodorant today - there might be a quick trip to the grocery store down the street if I start to feel warm!)

We had a good ride to Redmond, then she went off to the club and I continued on along the Sammamish River trail for more aerobar practice - and a nice steep uphill climb at the end of my ride. In all, I rode 2.5 hours and averaged 15 mph - not too bad given my tired legs from Sunday and yesterday plus hill climbs.

Today's data:

Food:
Pre-workout: Luna bar, 180 cals
Workout fuel: Mojo bar, 200 cals
Breakfast: Banana bread, ham, cheese, milk in coffee: 445 cals
total so far: 825 calories
Lunch: Salad with turkey
Snack: Apple and cheese
Dinner: Chicken breast and salad with light dressing
Ugh: Chocolate chip banana peanut butter cookies as Gabriel and I were baking them

Exercise:
Ride my bike 2.5 hours, burned 1200 calories

No comments: