Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Back from South Dakota

The family and I went to South Dakota to visit my husband's grandparents and go to a wedding for the long Memorial Day weekend - from Thursday through Monday. I actually found it quite relaxing - I slept late nearly every day (late for me means rising between 7:30 and 8:30 a.m.) and only worked out a little - two runs and one day of weight-lifting. I over-ate, though, which was too bad. Sioux Falls has every single fast-food and chain restaurant known to man. I think we went to all of them. Oh well.

Now I'm back on the wagon, and I kicked off the week with a three-hour (45 mile) bike ride to work. It actually felt great, and I was able to keep a higher speed than I thought I'd be able to, plus I really powered up the very last hill to work. So I was happy about that. I worried that I'd feel fat and sluggish.

So here are today's data:

Food:
Pre-workout: Mojo bar, 200 cals
Breakfast: Starbucks reduced-fat banana chocolate chip coffee cake, milk in coffee: 370 cals
When I got to work: Cheese, 70 cals
Lunch: Soup, 170 cals, yogurt and granola, 300 cals
Dinner: Pork chop, green beans, bread, 500 cals
Dessert: Low-fat sherbet, 120 cals
total today: 1730 calories

Exercise:
Bike 3 hours, 1500 cals

No comments: