Monday, May 08, 2006

Busy busy weekend

No meal tracking this weekend, but great exercise: I biked two different two-mile hills (there are a bunch of hills around here that taunt me: this weekend I conquered two of them), and ran the 10-mile trail.

Oh! I almost forgot! Friday after I did my big regular workout (backwards though: run 40 minutes first, then indoor cycling, then swim), I went snowboarding for the rest of the day with my team at work! It was awesome - Cinco de Mayo on the slopes! I was in a pink tank top and my purple snow pants. Very girly, very fun. Maybe I will post a picture if someone sends me the ones that they took. It was hard work keeping up with the boys in my group, but spring snow gives me confidence I don't actually deserve.

Today was semi-recovery: I swam for an hour and then lifted weights for 45 minutes. My new running buddy, Aleks, swam with me and had some great ideas for getting through the swim: We ran laps in the pool (kind of hard for me at 5'3", because the pool gets a little deeper in the middle), then did "eggbeaters" with our legs for five minutes. Very fun.

So pretty much I'm going to make a better effort to meal-track during the weekend. I did clean out the pantry and threw away all the open bags of snack food. I only kept the stuff for the kids' lunches, which I don't eat because it's measured out.

So, here are today's data:

Food:
Pre-workout: 1/3 bagel with l.f. cream cheese, milk in coffee: 160 cals
Breakfast: Ham and cheese on english muffin, milk in coffee: 265 cals
Snack: Clif "Mojo" bar: 200 cals
Lunch: Chicken noodle soup, 200 cals; tuna fish, 160 cals
Snack: Banana with peanut butter: 115 cals
Dinner: Chicken breast, green beans, bread, strawberries, Cool Whip Free: 700 calories
Total for the day: 1800! Yay!

Exercise:
Swim 1 hour
Lift weights 45 minutes
Calories burned: 600

No comments: