Monday, May 01, 2006

Eating with Discipline

That's going to be my focus. Not that I've kicked butt on that today, but that's where I have to focus. Someone said to me if I'm not having trouble eating the right number of calories each day, then I'm eating too much fat. I'm sure he's right (though I didn't want to admit it).

The weekend was good - we did a long, easy ride on Saturday, and yesterday was rest and playing with the kids. This morning I ran and lifted weights. My jeans are getting tight. That's not okay.

Today's data:

Food:


Meal: Pre-workout
Food: Most of a yogurt, milk in coffee
Cals: 130
Carb: 24
Fat: 2
Protein: 7

Meal: Breakfast
Food: English muffin, ham, cheese, milk in coffee
Cals: 265
Carbs: 33
Fat: 7
Protein: 18

Meal: Lunch
Food: Couscous, chicken tikka, naan
Cals: 560
Carb: 49
Fat: 19
Protein: 36

Meal: Snack
Food: Luna bar
Cals: 180
Carb: 27
Fat: 4
Protein: 9

Meal: Dinner
Food: Shrimp and mushroom risotto (I made it, not super-fatty)
Cals: 500
Carb: 40
Fat: 8
Protein: 21

Meal: Dessert
Food: Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich
Cals: 140
Carb: 20
Fat: 2
Protein: 2

Total for the day:
Cals: 1775; Carb: 193; Fat: 42; Protein: 82

Exercise:
Run, 65 minutes
Lift weights
Calories burned: 1000

No comments: