Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Beautiful morning!

Everyone should ride their bike to work as the sun rises. It's a great way to get a happy boost from the sunshine. Of course, not everyone should do it in 36-degree weather. Wow, it was cold this morning! Even with double-gloves, I got numb fingers and toes. Danielle and I rode a new route to work through Bellevue instead of through Sammamish. It was two miles shorter and didn't have the huge hill at the end like the regular route does. It was good for variety - I really like learning new bike routes. It makes the world I live in feel smaller.

We were still cold when we got to the club, so we sat in the hot tub for a few minutes, then I actually did manage to drag myself into the pool for a 30-minute swim. And now I feel great!

So here are today's data:

Food:
Breakfast #1: Yogurt and granola, 290 cals
Breakfast #2: Milk in coffee, english muffin, ham, and cheese: 265 cals
Snack: Laughing cow light cheese, a small handful of cereal: 80 cals
Lunch: Salad with turkey: 450 cals
total so far: 1085 (wow, hungry)
Okay, really hungry: two snacks, two hours apart: Clif mojo bar and a regular clif bar: 460 cals
total so far: 1545 cals
Hmm...bad me. I ate a burger and some onion rings for dinner, and topped it off with about 100 cals of dark chocolate.

Oh well, that's still likely even for the day.

Exercise:
Bike to work, 1.5 hours
Swim 30 minutes
Calories burned: 1050
Bike another 15 minutes, burn another 150 cals :-)
Total cals burned: 1200

No comments: