Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Back to the gym

I almost forgot my locker combination after not being at the gym for a week! I decided not to swim, because the pool is too full between 7 and 8, when I would have swum. So I lifted weights and plan to swim tomorrow...but we'll see.

I'm getting really nervous. My first triathlon of the season is Saturday - the Issaquah triathlon. I don' t know why I'm nervous - the race really isn't that important to me, in the big scheme of things - but I am. I'm worried that it will be too cold and I'm worried that I'll leave my helmet on during the run and I'm worried that I'll be so much slower than Danielle, and we'll prove once and for all that she's doing me a favor by training with me and she's a class above. So I need to get over all of that. I actually wish it were Sunday, so I'd have Saturday to prepare. Oh and I'm worried that I'm a total idiot for not swimming in my wetsuit at all yet! (I will be swimming outside on Friday, but still: I should have swum in it before now!)

Today's data:

Food:
Pre-workout: Banana and milk in coffee: 110 cals
Workout fuel: 1 GU, 100 cals
Breakfast: Yogurt, fruit, and granola; milk in coffee: 430 cals
Lunch: McDonald's Asian Chicken Salad with the dressing and almonds, 440 cals
Snack: Way too much trail mix!
Dinner: Chicken breast, salad
Dessert: Two cookies and some sugary bar thing that a friend made


Exercise:
Run 1 hour 45 minutes (approx 10 miles)
Lift weights 45 minutes
Calories burned: 1000

No comments: