Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Oops...that was one long run

I love love love this web site: http://www.gmap-pedometer.com. I have been mapping my bike and running routes and then looking at the elevation profiles. Fun!

Here's what we did today: http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=174674

I intended to take my running partner, Nancy, on a 90-minute run. But...this is close to 10 miles (the map says 9.5, but Nancy drove it and it was 9.8 in her car, and I think that when you run and have to cross the streets multiple times, etc, it's always a little longer. I'm going with 10, anyway). So it took us 111 minutes - 11 minute miles, but actually less because we had to cross streets, wait at lights, tie shoes, etc - and at one point on a steep uphill, Nancy stopped for a moment to catch her breath. She didn't want to walk, so I just jogged in place until she was ready to go on. She is SUCH a trooper.

But since I haven't run this week, it was great to get out there, and I felt perfect - even on the uphill. Yay!

Here are today's data:

Food:
Pre-workout: 1/2 small bagel, milk in coffee: 130 cals
During workout: Maybe 50 calories of Clif Shot Strawberry - YUCK!: 50 cals
Breakfast: Ham and cheese on english muffin, milk in coffee, banana bread: 665 cals (yeah, but it's now 10 a.m. and I'm not hungry now! Maybe I won't overeat today)
Lunch: Salad with beef, 400 cals
Snack: Clif Mojo bar, 200 cals
Snack: 100 calorie pack of wheat thins
Dinner: Beef and broccoli with rice noodles, 300 cals
Because I have no self control: ice cream and oreo cookies and chocolate: 400 cals
total: 2245 calories (hopefully...)

Exercise:
Run 111 minutes
Lift weights 30 minutes
Calories burned: 1000

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»