Monday, May 22, 2006

Vegas, baby

Friday afternoon we left for Las Vegas - I had hoped to work out, but between watching and entertaining the kids and my husband and visiting with my grandparents, it just didn't happen. I ate properly some of the time, but outrageously at other times (like at M&M World - yay!).

However, I wore a two-piece bathing suit (bikini top, cute little skirted bottom) outside at the pool and felt fairly comfortable, except when I had to carry Camille (but that was because carrying her against my chest could have caused my top to expose more skin than I needed to).

I wanted to swim, but the pool didn't open until 10 a.m. (at which time there were too many people to swim for real) and the gym cost $20/day and that just seemed outrageous for an hour on a treadmill or whatever. So, I didn't complete my goals for the week, and I'm okay with that. I guess.

Today I biked to work, because I'm going out of town again this coming weekend (for even longer - Thursday through Monday) and I have to get more biking in. But I'm back to proper eating, I hope. Let's look at the numbers:

Food:
Pre-workout: Banana, 80 cals
Workout fuel: 2/3 Luna bar, 120 cals
Breakfast: Ham and cheese, yogurt and granola, milk in coffee: 455 cals
Lunch: Chicken noodle soup and crackers: 260 cals
total so far: 915 calories
Snack: Two little candies and a Mojo bar: 280 cals
Dinner: Steak, green beans, bread

Exercise:
Bike 1.5 hours
Swim 45 minutes
Calories burned: 1000


No comments: