Thursday, May 11, 2006

Yay, it's getting warmer

I actually had to remove layers on my bike commute to work this morning! Yay! It will be so great when it's both light at 5 a.m. and warm. Warmish. Anyway, it was a fun ride, then I ran 30 minutes on the treadmill (one song at 6.6, my marathon goal pace, one at 7.0, my 10k and possibly half-marathon pace if I ever actually race a half-marathon again, versus using a half-marathon as a catered training run, then every song increased by .1, ending at 7.5. Pretty fun. Then I finished the weight lifting I didn't do yesterday (because my leg muscles were sore from the very long run).

I will be biking later today, though.

---It's later. It's actually Friday, but I'm going to finish yesterday here.

I biked with a co-worker who I perceive as really hard-core and Danielle over to a work party in Issaquah. We went FAST - kept it around 20 mph the whole time. It was really really fun - and a huge challenge for me, because I wasn't sure I could do it. Obviously I slowed down on the uphills, but the route was mostly downhill, so it wasn't too bad. Then I managed not to drink alcohol or eat chips and guacamole at the party! Yay!

So here are today's data.

Food:
Breakfast #1: Yogurt and 1/3 cup granola, 170 cals
Fuel: 1 Gu, 100 cals
Breakfast #2: Milk in coffee, english muffin, ham, cheese: 300 cals (more ham than usual)
Lunch-snack: Yogurt and granola
After-bike lunch: Small tortilla with beef and salsa
Dinner: Tuna steak, broccoli
It's too late today to remember the calories for what I ate yesterday...also, I think I ate a whole bunch of dark chocolate. :-(

Exercise:
Bike to work (23 miles)
Run 30 minutes
Lift/abs 15 minutes
Total: 1100 calories burned
Bike home: 600 calories burned
Total: 1700 burned yay!

No comments: