Thursday, July 13, 2006

Food thoughts from Germany

-- Coke Light rocks. It's so much better than diet coke. Can I import it?
-- German food...not good for diets. And frankly, not that good anyway.
-- Ice cream...on every street corner...not good for Jessica. :-)
-- Beer! Lots of beer. Yum yum yum.
-- "Berliner Weisse" is disgusting. It's beer plus some kind of juice or syrup - super-sweet - and it comes red or green. But hey, when in Deutschland...(It's like the time that I ate durian in Singapore. DISGUSTING. But had to try it.)
-- I'm here for work, and we're working in a lab. Here's what the lab provides for food:
in the morning: a tray of cut fruit, whole fruit, and sandwiches.
for lunch: huge trays of food from a restaurant.
for lunch dessert: cake
for afternoon snack: ice cream
for late afternoon snack: more sandwiches and fruit
all day: soda and candy
So pretty much they feed us all day long and they get a little offended if we don't eat. Kind of makes it hard to stick to a reasonable diet! Oh, and they'll make us cappuccinos all day if we want them, and of course they come with a cookie.

-- So much other good food! Italian, French, Vietnamese, Japanese (sushi) - that is pretty crazy. We're eating way too well.
-- I can't find German Chocolate Cake on any menu. That makes me a little sad.
-- I can find German chocolate, though...and that makes me happy. :-)

I went out last night until 2 a.m. so I didn't wake up to exercise. I probably will do something tonight.

Hee hee. I find it funny that this post says it's 2 a.m. when I actually wrote it at 11 a.m. I didn't bother to change the time zone of my computer.

No comments: