Thursday, July 13, 2006

I'm getting nervous

Yeah. I was really looking forward to STP...and now that it's two days away, I'm really nervous! What if I forgot how to ride my bike?

Okay, that's silly, but still. What if I feel yucky? What if I get bored with riding? What if I'm slower than I thought I'd be?

What if my bike breaks down? What if I get a flat every 20 miles? What if I can't sleep ever again?

Okay, I'm dumb. But still...being really far away from my bike, bike clothes, PowerBars, and everything else is kind of freaking me out.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I was going through the exact same thing last night!

You're lucky because at least you've been training for the 1-day ride. I definitely have not put in the hours for the 1-day, and part of me thinks I'm crazy to even think about attempting it!

But I'm just gonna try to keep up with you guys, do my best, and see what happens.

Oh, and also continue to freak out for the next couple days.

RobRoy said...

Just stumbled across your site. Congrats on everything you've done. You have tons to be proud of. I was a runner in high school and college, I know what kind of endurance it takes to be competitive. Keep it up!

TriSamIAm said...

You have nothing to worry about. It is, and you will have, a blast. Tons of support so even if you have a flat every 20 miles, there will be aid.

I've done it three times and loved it every time.

Good luck and have fun.