Monday, July 31, 2006

I hate dieting

I want to eat whatever I want, whenever I want. There, I said it.

This morning I didn't want to get out of bed - but once I was on the road, I was okay. I met Liz for a couple-hour bike ride; we rode around Lake Sammamish the easy way (south on East Lake Samm, north through Bellevue, then we rode around Redmond for a bit). It was a fun ride (gorgeous morning - surprisingly cool, though! It feels like fall!). I probably don't need to ride as hard as we did - especially since my knees were bothering me, despite high cadence - but it's just too fun.

I should probably be doing running speed work, though...but that's just not as exciting as flying alongside the lake. (Although, my poor bike: yesterday's ride was in rain, then sun, then rain again, and it's COVERED in mud and I didn't even take it out of the van, let alone wash it!)

So anyway, my eating is not so good today. Let's document it!

Food:
Pre-workout: I had a VitaTop with me, but I went to a different Starbucks and I really wanted the reduced-fat banana coffee cake, so I had that instead. Bad bad me. So that plus my coffee was 350 cals!
Post-workout: More excuses...basically, I ate a cookie. 200 cals
Breakfast: Three slices ham, cheese: 155 cals
Lunch: Chicken noodle soup, slices of pork: 250 cals
total so far: 955 calories

Dinner was okay - salmon, jasmine rice and broccoli. But I also ate:
-- a cookie
-- some chips
-- a couple of fortune cookies with Nutella
-- two little candies

So, um, I'm not attempting to count this up, because I know it was way over. I am also furious with myself. I don't know why I couldn't control myself today! I'm going to blame it on the time of the month coming, forgive myself, and move on. Hopefully.

Exercise:
Bike ride, 1 hour 45 minutes - 700 calories burned

No comments: