Sunday, July 02, 2006

How to make donuts, by Camille

This isn't about diet, or exercise. I just wanted to write this down.

Camille, age 3: "You just get some brown sugar and white sugar, then you mix it up, and then and then and then you put the sprinkles on, then you put it in the oven. And then you eat it! And then you put chocolate on it." (Most of this was exclaimed while jumping up and down.)

Gabriel, age 6, and very practical: "How do you put chocolate on it if you already ate it?"

Camille: "Uh, you have to buy chocolate first."

Gabriel: "This is how I do it. I get a piece of bread, and then I cut it into a circle, and then I - I'm making a sprinkle donut - and then I put chocolate on it, and then I put the sprinkles on it, and then put it in the oven, and then take it out, and then eat it."

Camille: "That's not how you do it. That's not how you make donuts. You just get some brown sugar and some white sugar out, and then you mix it, and then you put it in the oven, and then you get it out of the oven, and put chocolate on it, and then eat it all up!"

3 comments:

Shannon Morgan said...

Brown sugar, white sugar, sprinkles and chocolate. My teeth hurt thinking about it!

Jessica said...

I just find it hysterical that both kids are so sure that two different kinds of sugar are necessary, and there are no other ingredients of consequence.

Shannon Morgan said...

Yeah, I like their recipe steps. Very cute.