Thursday, July 06, 2006

Truly, I am not a hypochondriac

My brain is coming out from my forehead. I think finally, I've come to the last straw, and all those '80s song lyrics that have been filling my brain are going to be pushed out to make room for other, more important things. At least I hope that's the part that will come out.

Okay, seriously, I woke up with a huge bump on my forehead - it's the entire length of my forehead and about 1.5 inches wide - slightly off center to the right. It's very definitely visible by other people (like, I know I analyze my face a lot more than others, but this is not some tiny wrinkle only I can see: it's obvious). It hurts like a bruise, but it's not discolored.

Then I went to the lab to have blood drawn - no workout of course, I don't even think I heard my alarm this morning, and I did go to bed early and planned to run - and they fussed with a needle for a while, in one arm, then the other, then the first again - but no blood came out. At all. So they told me to try again later.

So I'm still fasting, which makes meal-tracking quite easy!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yikes. That sounds painful. Did it provide any new clues for the doc?

Jessica said...

No, because the guy was never successful in drawing blood, and then I decided that fasting sucked and I'd rather go have lunch with my husband than go get blood drawn. :-)

Maybe I'll go back tomorrow, but I'm thinking I'm going to go back to a hard workout instead. Obviously dropping the intensity hasn't helped, and I think I'll feel better getting some good exercise...plus, with this gray weather AND not exercising, I'm starting to feel depressed, and I don't cope with that very well.