Saturday, July 08, 2006

Really quick, before I do a half marathon and go to Germany

Seriously, that's what I'm doing tomorrow. What in the world was I thinking? Hopefully I'll have a minute to tell you whether it was a great idea or horrible once I'm in Germany.

Today I rode a little over two hours with John, in what passes for heat in Seattle (I think it was around 80 degrees). But riding with John sucks, because his blood sugar gets low (he's a type-1 diabetic), and he gets tired, and he actually decided at two points to WALK his bike. WHATEVER! I'm okay with "recovery" rides for me, workout rides for him - but walking the bike? That's giving up, and I don't deal with that very well.

Anyway, I'm really tired, so heading to bed. And I really am doing a half-marathon tomorrow, and I really am getting on an airplane a few hours later to go to Germany. Don't tell me I'm an idiot, my family has already done that many times today. :-)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Who's John? Hubby?

I have a hard time dealing with people who give up too... Are you running the Seafair half marathon? I'm running the 5k with a friend of mine who has pretty much already decided she can't run 3.1 miles in a row. I feel like she's given up before she's even started. Very frustrating! I'm going to do my best to keep her motivated. We'll see...

Amazon Alanna said...

Hey, a half mary and them a trip to Germany? Sounds like an adventure. Enjoy yourself!

I have people that I've ridden with like that. I'll ride ahead and have to turn around and go back for them....I get more mileage in that way, or lat least that's what I tell myself.

Jessica said...

Yes, John is the hubby. And you can see from today's post, I did do the Seafair half. It was fun!

And to Alanna - yeah, I did do that, on the biggest hills. So I got to ride them twice. The most frustrating part is that John used to be in good shape and a stronger rider than me; he just isn't anymore, and he doesn't want to do the work to get back there, but he still gets annoyed that I'm faster and stronger.