Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Only 80 minutes

Today was a gorgeous fall morning. Yeah, I said fall. I know it's August 1, but it was 58 degrees and beautiful. Nancy and I decided to do a route we know we'll lose soon because it's darker later in the morning now - then partway through, we extended it another 2.5 miles or so. So we did 80 minutes of running and both felt really good.

After the run, I had sort of thought I would lift weights and then go swim in the lake...but I didn't want to. And I was thinking about how my heart rate was quite low during the run, but my RPE was high - is such a mis-match a sign of overtraining?

Anyway, I know it's time to re-train my brain to think that an 80-minute workout is enough, so I called it quits. But it was really, really hard for me to just stop. Seriously. And I now feel guilty, like I didn't do enough. So I really do need to get over that!

So here are today's data:
Pre-workout: Vitatop, milk in coffee: 130 cals
Breakfast: Bagel and cream cheese: 350 cals
Lunch: Turkey breast, veggies, mashed potatoes (but not a lot); 350 cals
My chocolate fix: 36 calories (Milky Way Midnight miniature)
Snack: Yogurt and string cheese: 170 cals
total so far: 1036

Exercise:
Run 80 minutes, 600 calories

3 comments:

Shannon Morgan said...

Off topic: can I tell you how envious I am of your weather?! 58 degrees? I can't remember 58 degrees?!

Jessica said...

Well, you didn't ask me what time it was when it was 58 degrees: 5:15 a.m. However, I don't think it's even 70 out now, at 4:20 p.m. Seattle really is wonderful in the summer (and great in the winter if you like to ski/snowboard).

Wes said...

Oh god, yes! 58 degrees... It was 105 here before the rain came. I don't know what it was when I was running. It was muggy, but I had a nice sprinkle for the entire 42 minute run. 80 minutes? LOL. Maybe in a few years I will feel that way...