Thursday, March 29, 2007

Dreading my run...but it was fun!

I don't know why, but I was scared last night of this morning's run.

It was my longest yet in this training cycle - 1 hour, 45 minutes. And I was running it just with Danielle, just from home. So there was no reason to be scared.

But I slept poorly and was anxious in the morning. Danielle was supposed to run to my house from hers (1.4 miles the quickest way), then we'd run the rest together. I was so hopped up that I couldn't wait and I had to start running towards her, but because I didn't call to tell her, she ran a different, slightly longer but definitely safer route to my house, and I had to run back to meet her. (Fortunately we both carried our cell phones - I was halfway to her house when I realized she'd have to be crawling not to meet me by then - or not coming that route).

Anyway, the run was fine! And fun! We didn't see any scary people (and we ran with her Husky Tasha anyway, so we had protection), and the humongous hill at the end of the run didn't come close to killing me - in fact, my heart rate didn't rise above 168, and this is a really steep hill. And long - I think it's 3/4 of a mile of a 10% grade, or something like that. Anyway, yeah. Big hill, decent heart rate. Good run!

It was also nice to come home and shower at my own house for once. And I noticed my kids looked kind of dirty, so I made them take a bath while I showered. It felt productive. And I got to make sure they didn't eat donuts for breakfast. I'm getting concerned about my daughter's weight...she's still baby-chubby, and I think she should be thinning out by now. I'm not putting her on a diet or anything, but I am watching her junk-food intake.

Then I managed to get away at lunch time to do hot yoga. I love hot yoga. I don't even feel hot anymore when I do it - I feel wet. But only the parts of my body not covered with clothing - the clothes pull the sweat away from my body, which is great, but my face and arms are soaked within 15 minutes. Afterwards, though, I just feel so wonderful head to toe, inside and out.

But now I have to work! Blah!

1 comment:

Wes said...

Wow! That't was a spirited post!! I hear there's mountain lions out in your neck of the woods. Good thing you got a dog to run with ya :-)