Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Unbalanced

So yesterday I did the following:

- Ran nearly six miles: 1 hour
- Swam 3100 yards: included drills, but little stopping - 1 hour 15 minutes)
- Did my intense bike: 21 miles of hills, 1 hour 30 minutes

Then I went to work. (Actually, I did the bike at noon, but still.)

And I felt great! All day! And I ate a lot, but healthy good things!

So today, all I had on my schedule was a one-hour run and strength training for 30 minutes. I did exactly that.

And I feel like a slug and I want to eat everything in sight - especially the unhealthy stuff.

UGH. I'm so unbalanced. And unfocused. Today. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

Or maybe I just love endorphins too much and I need to work out more?

3 comments:

Wes said...

Nah, you just need to transfer some of that strength and determination into STICKING WITH THE PLAN.

Regan said...

It's probably a throw over from the previous day - sometimes it takes a bit for the body to catch up! Ever notice you can eat a ton of chocolate one day but it doesn't show up on the waist line for 36 hours?

But hang in there! And ya, you probably are addicted a *bit* to endorphins. This is not necessarily a bad thing... :)

Regan

Alison said...

I agree with Regan - on days I have really long workouts I'm energized and never really hungry, but the day after, I feel like I have a major hangover and I want to eat three pizzas. It's a normal part of the training process!