Friday, March 16, 2007

My new blog!

I've waited it seems like forever to be able to talk about this!

I'm blogging for Disney, on their new web site family.com. They asked me to write about diet, fitness, exercise, and fitting it all in with having a family. So I'm super-excited!

I plan to keep this blog, Fat Girl to Triathlete, more triathlon and Ironman focused, and post on the new one more about my adventures with the kids and how I balance living a healthy, active lifestyle with the demands of being a mother with a full-time job.

So if you want to check it out, it's at http://family.go.com/blog/IronJessica!

In my workout news, I felt better today, but not fabulous. I did increase the amount of carbs I'm eating, but it's so hard to work in healthy carbs! I feel like whole-grains and good carbs other than fruit and vegetables are the hardest to find - I'm so much better at doing high protein.

I did hot yoga this morning, then did a solo bike ride on a flat trail this afternoon. I averaged 17.7 for the first half of my ride; then I somehow made my speed sensor stop working, and honestly it dragged me down - so I took it easy on the way back. I got SO BORED without my computer! I kept wishing for my phone to ring, just so I could listen to 20 seconds of ringtone. Yeah, seriously. In my defense, I do have good songs for my ringtones, and I have a unique ringtone for each of my friends or family members that calls me most often.

And then tonight we played poker at my house, and I managed to not eat a single potato chip, and only one Thin Mint Girl Scout cookie crossed my lips. I didn't win, hence the blogging at 11:30 at night, but I didn't eat unhealthy stuff, which is a better victory than any other I could have had tonight.

2 comments:

Wes said...

Nice blog, Jess, and cool article about little ironman.

Scott Hughes said...

I do Yoga and I'm training for my first triathlon. That's cool. Have fun!

You might like the Triathlon Forums.