Thursday, March 01, 2007

Slushy run

This morning the girls and I planned to do a new route - and our first longer weekday run in a while, 8 miles.

Well, when I woke up I saw a tiny bit of snow on my neighbor's roof, but none of it had stuck to the ground, and the road wasn't slippery.

That was until I was about four miles from home. Then - on a two-lane each-direction major road - there was snow three or four inches high. And very few cars had gone through before me, so there wasn't even a clear path I could follow.

Fortunately, I got through it safely in my ridiculous rear-wheel drive car, but up by the Pro Club, the sidewalks were one of three things: slushy, slippery, or just wet. So we decided to stick to routes we were used to, but still make the run longer.

We went almost 9 miles in 1:40 (including stops for lights, etc), so that was good - a pretty typical pace for us, despite some slower steps to make sure we all stayed upright!

I'm actively working on making myself feel better by telling myself I feel better and it's March, not February, and everything is good. The power of positive thinking?

1 comment:

TRI Vortex said...

Maybe someday I'll shed enough lbs to get a run in like that. I'm still in the Fat Guy phase, but the progress is there. Great blog. Good luck at Ironman Canada!