Tuesday, March 06, 2007

You're the most colorful thing that I've seen

My February blues are completely gone! Even people at work - which is BUSY and I'm behind on deadlines - are remarking on my happy attitude.

THANK GOODNESS. I don't like living with myself when I'm down, and I'm sure no one else does either!

Mmm. On my mp3 player right now, connected to my computer's speakers in my office: "Colorful" by Rocco Deluca. I'm totally in love with this song. It makes me happy. :-)

Yesterday I didn't find time to blog, but I did find time to exercise. A lot of time! Like, Nancy and I ran at 5:15 for an hour on a new route - with big hills! Then I did my first swim workout class, so I swam for an hour. The instructor/coach or whatever he should be called gave me some pointers that already have improved my swimming. But I was tired and hungry when I finished that session.

Then I rode my bike at lunchtime - it was probably in the 50s, with sun! A real Spring day. Which is great, because my official training starts next week, so I'm ready for winter to leave.

So this morning I also ran, and did the same route, but with other friends. I lifted weights after running and didn't have a partner for that part of my workout, but it was okay because I have all this new music I downloaded last night and I'm super excited about listening to it. I listen to really random stuff! Here's what I bought last night:

Dixie Chicks - Wide Open Spaces
Green Day - Holiday
Fall Out Boy - This Ain't a Scene, It's an Arms Race
Joss Stone - Tell Me 'Bout It
Jack Johnson - Flake
Pink - U + Ur Hand
and of course the Rocco Deluca song.

I also wanted Rob Thomas's and Daughtry's new songs, but Napster didn't have them.

I didn't download any hip-hop yesterday, but Akon's "Smack That" and Diddy featuring Nicole from the Pussycat Dolls ("Come to Me") are in heavy rotation on my mp3 player too.

Are other people this random? I guess I wonder because I used to listen to pretty much one thing: angry chick music (Sarah McLachlan, etc) and NOTHING else. For a while I don't think I had an album by a guy. And now I'll listen to teenybopper pop right next to hip-hop right next to rock. But I still love angry chick music too. :-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am definitely as random as you are - and in fact, I have some of the same stuff on my mp3 (Joss Stone, next to Dr Dre, next to Britney). I really can't stand Akon though...

Jessica said...

Which Britney - older stuff like "Baby One More Time" or newer like "Toxic"? Hmmm...I think I could add some Britney too!

But I really love that Rocco Deluca song.