Monday, March 19, 2007

One big energetic day

It was an interesting morning!

I had forgotten I said I'd meet Wendy and Su for a run at 6 a.m. At 5:25, I was 15 miles away from the meeting point, thinking about staying in bed a little longer.

But then I remembered, and somehow I made it to them on time! Well, I know how. I drove really fast, and I didn't stop to get my coffee. And fortunately, I had clean outside running clothes in a location I could get to without disturbing the hubby too much. By the time I got to the girls, I was wide awake and feeling good.

So we ran easy for 45 minutes. Then I went to my swim class, and we worked primarily on drills. So in an hour, I did just 2000 yards - but I do think my stroke is improving, so it's worth it.

The morning was dry, but by mid-day, it was pretty much pouring rain with no sign of stopping. But I had my intense bike scheduled for today, and I really didn't want to go to spin class.

So the ride leader agreed to ride in the rain, and we did 21 miles of hills in an hour and a half. I was soaked by, oh, half a mile in - but it was a joyful soaking. The only issue was that it was so wet and the roads were so slick that I had to be careful on the downhills - well, more careful than usual. But better to be careful than hit by a car, or slid sideways on the ground.

Despite the nearly four hours of activity, I didn't feel hungrier than usual. I'm ending the day with around 1800 calories consumed - and I burned 1800 from exercise. But I figure as long as I'm not feeling hungry - and I'm eating plenty of carbs with each meal - I'm okay. I need to listen to my body more (except when it tells me I need fudge brownies, of course!).

2 comments:

Kate said...

I can't believe you did all that on 1800 calories! I did half that and I was starving :-)
You're quite amazing!

Regan said...

Go Jessica! I love reading your blog - it's so positive and inspirational! See you on Friday for hot yoga!!

Hugs,

Regan