Monday, March 26, 2007

Week 2 Wrap-Up

I don't know where Sundays go, but pretty much one second it's noon and the next it's 10 p.m. and I need to get ready for the week ahead! So here's my recap of last week's training, a day late.

Nutrition: I definitely got things in a better place last week. I added a few servings per day of good carbs - oatmeal, whole grain rice, and bread, and I remembered to carry water and GU on my long run. The weekend was a bit messy, I have to admit...my healthy eating sort of fell apart for no apparent reason. Ugh. I hate when I undo all my good work in one day.

Swim: I was short on swim time, as I needed to sleep in during one planned swim workout, and my makeup was a private lesson. However, I know it was worth it already just based on today's swim (which wasn't part of last week so I'll save that for another post). I was in the pool for 1 hour, 45 minutes, but I only counted 2000 yards because so much of my swimming was re-learning my stroke.

Bike: I biked just over 5.5 hours, covering 77 miles (plus another hour and 15 minutes with my kid, covering 11 miles). I'm excited that all my biking was outdoors - I know indoor cycling can be a more consistent workout, but bike handling skills are really important, plus it's just so much more enjoyable. And yes, that is despite the pouring rain I endured for 4.5 of those 5.5 hours. Oh let the summer come soon!

Run: I haven't yet met my goal of running seven days a week, but I am running more and under different conditions, so that's good. I did almost four and a half hours of running, covering about 24 miles.

Overall: In general, I'm feeling strong and happy. I want to do hot yoga more, as I really enjoy it and it's a great complement to my strength training. Plus, it calms my brain. And everyone knows I need that!

2 comments:

Wes said...

Nice second week, Jess. But isn't a rest day, like mandatory? ;-)

Andy said...

Sounds like you had a decent training week, now time to pat you on the back.

I am feeling you on the bad weather, but at least your pollen count is not 5000+ a day every day...

Hey what happened to Jessi's blog?!?!?! I know that she took a sabbatical, and I have been off my blog awhile, and now she has a private blog...

snif, snif...

I got some new pics up on my blog for you to check out. Something about a ring...

Murtha...