Wednesday, March 21, 2007

I'm listening to my body...

and it told me not to go to swim class this morning. So I didn't.

I slept in - I actually slept until past 7, and I did go to bed at 10:30. I think, though, that two things contributed to my need for sleep:

1) Yesterday was a nutty day, where I was "on" from 4:30 a.m. until past 9;
2) I had a really strong coffee from a cafe I hadn't been to before around 7 p.m., and it got me completely wired, so I didn't really sleep well until very, very late (or early, depending on your perspective)

So now I've got to see if I can make up my missed swim session, but I actually feel okay about doing it because I feel better tonight.

I did do the Cascade bike club ride today; I was the leader, and we did a moderate pace. It was so nice not to pound! It was also a gorgeous day - cold, but sunny and beautiful.

And at the boy's baseball practice tonight, I convinced Camille to "run" with me around a 1/4 mile track. She ran about half of it and walked the rest, in intervals. I'm thinking for a 3-year-old, that's not bad! I ran a full mile just to get my "run every day" thing in, but I did it in my work clothes (jeans, sweater, snowboard jacket) and running shoes. I know I looked ridiculous, but it totally served the purpose: I ran at a different time of day than usual, in different clothes, with a different amount of food in my stomach. With goals like those, who cares what I look like?

3 comments:

Wes said...

Where there's a will, there's a way! Work clothes or not. And the little one running with you is cool :-) I'm still laughing about the "just 2000 yards" statement in your last post!!

Jeff said...

Wait a minute! What cafe! How could you post a comment about a new cafe like that and not name it? I'm hurt!

Regan said...

Good for you for listening to your body! I'm willing to bet you will come back even stronger and better - with no need to "make up" anything. And way to stick with your commitments of running every day!

Hugs,

Regan