Thursday, June 15, 2006

11.7 excellent miles

I ran 10 miles with Aleks this morning. We did the Pro Club to West Lake Sammamish Parkway route backwards, where we went down the more gradual hill first, and returned up via one of the steepest hills around (51st Street). It rocked, because that was the first time I could run the entire way up 51st. Although, I should admit, I'm not sure when the last time I attempted that hill was - it certainly was at least a year ago, if not longer. On the other hand, it wasn't at the end of a 10-mile run, either, so I was happy.

Then I met Lisa, another triathlete, for a swim workout. We swam at Idylwood Park for an hour, and she was wearing a GPS device that said we went 1.7 miles. Excellent! I felt pretty good - I wasn't able to keep up bilateral breathing the whole time (I mostly breathed on my better side), but I never panicked, even when boats made waves. And it's getting easier every time.

Unfortunately, I still have a sore throat and a bit of a cold. I'm hoping it goes away by tomorrow, but I'm sort of thinking that even though today I was able to run and swim at the level I planned to, that maybe I should have rested another day or so to completely get rid of this bug. It's just so hard to rest!

So, here are today's data:

Food:
Pre-workout: Banana and milk in coffee, 90 cals
Workout fuel (throughout workouts): 1 GU, 1 Luna bar: 280 cals
Breakfast: English muffin, ham, cheese, milk in coffee: 265 cals
total so far: 635 cals
Lunch: Wrap, 500 cals
Dinner: 1 slice pizza, soup, ice cream
I feel like I ate more, but I forgot what.

Exercise:
Run 10 miles, 1 hour 45 minutes
Swim 1.7 miles, 1 hour
Calories burned: 1550

No comments: