Friday, June 02, 2006

I might love swimming!

I know I've been a big whiner about swimming, and I have really not wanted to get in the pool. Now I know why: open water swimming is so much better! I got over my fear and got in the water this morning - and it was perfect! It was cold, but with a full wetsuit, I was completely fine. I wore my new tri suit under the wetsuit, which worked out great too. We practiced transitions in anticipation of tomorrow's triathlon - we swam about 30 minutes (to get the open-water experience), biked 7 miles, then ran for 15 minutes. I felt just joyous when I was done - I didn't want it to end!

So now I'm feeling great about tomorrow's race. Yay!

Today's data:
Pre-workout: banana and milk in coffee, 110 cals
Breakfast: 1 egg, 2 sausage links, potatoes, milk in coffee: 425 cals
Lunch: 2 cookies, salad, chili, 680 (darn cookies)
total so far: 1215 cals

Exercise:
Swim, bike, run, transition practice: 600 calories burned

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»