Monday, June 26, 2006

Evening update

Well, I'm back to fairly normal eating (not very much, though - I'm just not that hungry, which is good because I'm not that energetic!), and while I don't feel normal, I do feel better and I folded like 8 loads of laundry.

John and I agreed tonight that I wouldn't do IM Coeur d'Alene next year. Instead, my "A" race will be Pacific Crest half IM, because Danielle says it's just so much fun and it sounds like a good vacation.

I feel disappointed and relieved. A friend called tonight - they live literally half a mile from me - and I haven't seen them in months. That's so wrong. That's the price of this level of training - and until I no longer have to hold a job, I just don't think I can pay it. I will continue to race and compete and have fun with triathlon, but it's not time to go for the big one.

No comments: