Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Much better today

Wow, it felt awful to be weak and exhausted!

I'm feeling a lot better - the difference is amazing. I did get up to go swim this morning, but just did about 1/4 of a mile or so, mostly just to get wet and get ready for real workouts again.

I plan to cut my volume down significantly and a lot of the intensity. Danielle thinks this is a good idea and won't affect my racing. So I'm willing to try it.

I'm back to meal-tracking; the last two days I didn't bother because I didn't eat much. Today I'm not super-hungry, but I did just have a big (healthy) lunch.

Oh, and I'm dropping caffeine and soda from my diet. And beans, and some of the dairy. I've had stomachaches for a while now and I'm not sure why, so I'm going to work on figuring that out.

Today's data:

Food:
Breakfast: Vita-top and nectarine, 160 cals
Lunch: Salad with chicken and raspberry vinegar, 8 oz soup, crackers: 400 cals
Snack: 1/2 Clif bar, 125 cals
Because my admin has them: Two small chocolates, 80 cals
More snack: Cherries, 90 cals
Dinner: Pork tenderloin, rice, green beans: 500 cals
Bad: Two ginger cookies, 210 cals
Total: 1565 <-- Wow. I almost didn't finish writing this all because I thought it would be really bad. That's actually acceptable!

Exercise:
Can you call a 1/4 mile swim exercise? I burned 150 calories, but most of it was probably walking to and from my car. :-)

No comments: