Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Weird transition dreams!

I had the weirdest dream last night. Danielle and I were at some sort of training camp where every day you do a triathlon for practice - but you treat it like a race. In one of them, I was in a bathing suit at the swim start, and I managed to find my wetsuit, but then I panicked because my transition area wasn't set up properly and I didn't have all my stuff and I wasn't sure what I was going to wear for shorts since I was in my bathing suit and pretty much I was completely flipping out. I had a good swim, but my T1 was going on six minutes when I woke up.

Wow. I think I'm a little obsessed with triathlon, huh?

Today I rode around Lake Sammamish with Aleks and Regan. We went at a comfortable pace - my schedule didn't really call for an easy ride, but I'm glad we did it. I think a little extra recovery this week is a good thing. Friday I plan to push hard, and Saturday do a long bike.

I'm listening to VH1's "Jump Start" program and it's full of songs I could run to. Of course, I haven't done any running outside of races or with friends in I'm not sure how long...well, I guess I ran alone in New York, but I forgot my mp3 player. I love running with friends, but I miss listening to music too!

In the race on Sunday, they actually said you weren't allowed to use mp3 players on the run. I know on the bike it's against Washington state law, but on the run it would have been nice (they said it could interfere with your ability to hear the course marshalls or whatever). Danielle told me once early in my marathon training that music can make you do things you didn't think you could - run faster, etc - and I agree. :-) I think she might see it as cheating, but I see it as extra motivation.

But I wouldn't trade running with friends to run with an mp3 player, anyway.

So, today's data:
Food:
Pre-workout: Vita-top and milk in coffee, 130 cals
Breakfast: 1/2 Pria bar (yummy! Aleks gave this to me, I thought it would be yucky but it was like candy!), english muffin with ham and cheese, milk in coffee: 350 cals
Lunch: Turkey and swiss on a bagel, 1/2 a brownie (yum): 600 cals
Snack: Mojo bar, 220 cals
Dinner: Chicken breast, green beans, bread, watermelon: 450 cals
total today: 1750

Exercise:
Bike 1 hour 40 minutes (low key), 550 cals burned

No comments: