Thursday, June 22, 2006

Hill repeats and avoiding boats

This morning Aleks and I did a 7, 7.5 mile route with a bunch of hill repeats. The "Boot Camp" class at the Pro Club just happened to be there at the same time, which was entertaining. We ran up 40th to the dead end three times, then walked down. I think this was the first time I was able to do three full running up repeats - usually I have to walk part of the way.

Then I met a group for swimming at Idylwood Park. I did just over a mile, which was nice. When I first got to the park, I didn't think I could swim: I was cold!!! It was about 55 degrees this morning. But when I got my wetsuit on and got in the water, everything was good. In fact, I felt great - strong and comfortable, and I even did one length (1/6 of a mile) doing full bilateral breathing. Only thing was, a boat came into the swimming area and came too close for comfort to one of my swimming companions!

On Tuesday there was a heron perched on one of the buoys we swim between. I thought it wanted to eat me. Today, boats. What will be there tomorrow? That's why open water swimming is just so much better than pool swimming. Well, one of the many reasons.

Um, I don't want to meal track today. But here goes anyway:

Food:
Pre-workout/workout: Banana, milk in coffee, GU: 200 cals
Breakfast: Banana bread, milk in coffee: 400 cals
Lunch: Salad with chicken, mozzarella sticks (yum): 800 cals
Snack: Luna bar, 180 cals
Um, another snack: Two cookies, 300 cals (bad bad bad, no discipline)
total so far: 1880 cals

Exercise:
Run 95 minutes
Swim 45 minutes
Calories burned: 1300

No comments: