Monday, June 12, 2006

I'm back

And sick. The toll of traveling three out of four weekends plus high exercise has been taken: I have a cold and sore throat. Fortunately, when I exercise I feel better, though I didn't today. I thought I should have a full day of rest before jumping back in to full on workout tomorrow.

I pretty much ate whatever I wanted this weekend, plus I drank alcohol. I did, however, go running twice: once for an hour (I got lost in a place I never knew existed! I wish I had been a runner in college) and once for 45 minutes with the current Vassar cross-country team. It was just a jog for them, but we were running about 8:30 miles, which is fast for me. It felt good, though - I haven't done enough tempo running lately.

I realized why it was so easy to gain weight post-college: in college, I walked soooo much! Everywhere we went, we walked - and every building we went into had stairs, not an elevator, so we had to climb stairs all the time. I was chubby in college, but poor eating (I remember eating cookies and ice cream a lot) should have made me a whole lot bigger than I actually was.

Anyway, tomorrow I'll go back to full-on real meal tracking. Today I just don't have the energy to do it. Okay, fine. Truth be told, today I want to eat whatever I want again and not write it down (but I haven't been too bad so far, and I don't think I will be).

No comments: