Friday, June 16, 2006

My favorite workout

Today I did my absolute favorite workout. Okay, fine, it's not a workout. It's a triathlon. But it's not competitive, which makes it a little more relaxing.

I swam at Idylwood first - about 2/3 of a mile, maybe 3/4 - then did a real transition (running while removing the wetsuit) to my van, which had already been set up with my gear. Wetsuit off, socks and bike shoes on (I was wearing my new adorable Louis Garneau tri suit), helmet on. Biked 8 or 9 miles, then tossed the bike back in the van, exchanged helmet and bike shoes for running shoes, and I'm off. 15 minute run and I'm done!

Aleks did it with me, despite the fact that it threatened rain (and really started coming down when I was in my car on the way to work). Fun fun fun!

Oh, and I'm still sick. Darn it. Maybe I'll have a cold forever. But it doesn't hold me back any, just annoys me, so I can deal with it.

---
Something else I want to say: no more Indian food. It makes me hungry. Yum.
---

So here are today's data:
Food:
Pre-workout: Vita-top (some weird vitamin muffin, low-cal and low-fat), milk in coffee: 130 cals
Breakfast: Ham, cheese, yogurt, granola, milk in coffee: 500 cals
Lunch: Indian food (chicken, some rice, naan, samosas (I know they're fried)) 600 cals?
Snack: Power Bar Nut Naturals: 210 cals
total so far: 1440

Exercise:
Mini-triathlon, 700 cals burned

No comments: